12 Steps to Power Presence: How to Assert Your Authority to Lead
- Regular price
- Sale price
This book demonstrates how managers can improve their presence strategically and tactically to develop the trust of their people so that they can accomplish personal and organizational goals.
Acclaimed author, speaker, and coach John Baldoni maintains that “leadership presence” is a form of communication, which therefore can be learned. But merely thinking good thoughts and voicing good intentions is never enough; ethical actions are the cornerstone of any leader’s position.
12 Steps to Power Presence defines what genuine leadership presence is, including the five attributes of authority, and discussing right and wrong ways to demonstrate leadership based on real-life examples. You will learn:
- how to communicate objectives in ways that get people on board--even when it comes to tough subjects like layoffs, closures, and terminations;
- how to avoid the pitfalls of “analysis paralysis”;
- how to instill genuine pride in your team members for their own work and the company’s;
- and how to share your insights with your team to coach them and create future leaders.
Philosophers and management theorists have endlessly debated--and just as endlessly written about--the most important qualities of the world’s top leaders. Ultimately, 12 Steps to Power Presence will guide you through the process of discovering, developing, and delivering on the most impactful leadership trait within your control: your presence.Read Less
- Contributor(s)John Baldoni
- About the Contributor(s) JOHN BALDONI, president of Baldoni Consulting LLC, is an internationally recognized executive coach, speaker, and author. In 2011, Leadership Gurus...
JOHN BALDONI, president of Baldoni Consulting LLC, is an internationally recognized executive coach, speaker, and author. In 2011, Leadership Gurus International ranked John No. 11 on its list of the world's top 30 leadership experts. He is a regular online contributor to CBS MoneyWatch, Inc, and Harvard Business Review.show more
- Publish Date04/06/2010
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.24 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.24 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.13(d) inches
- Price $9.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.