201 Knockout Answers to Tough Interview Questions: The Ultimate Guide to Handling the New Competency-Based Interview Style
- Regular price
- Sale price
This useful resource will help you gain a storehouse of sample interview answers that consistently highlight your ability in these areas.
Employers today are using increasingly tough interview questions to evaluate candidates based on key competencies and determine how well they think on their feet. To stand out in these competency-based interviews, job seekers must be prepared with situation-specific examples and answers to questions that highlight their accomplishments, knowledge, and abilities--and clearly display how all three meet their potential employers’ needs.
In 201 Knockout Answers to Tough Interview Questions, you’ll learn the five core competencies most interviewers are looking for:
- individual responsibility (decisiveness, independence, flexibility, career goals);
- managerial skills (leadership, delegation, strategic planning);
- motivational factors (ambition, initiative);
- analytical skills (problem solving, attention to detail);
- and people skills (teamwork, communication, customer service)
Featuring fill-in-the-blank exercises and a plethora of traditional and quirky interview questions to help you prepare, this powerful book will help you get noticed by key players during the interview process--no matter what questions get thrown your way.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Linda Matias
- About the Contributor(s) LINDA MATIAS, JCTC, CIC, NCRW (Long Island, NY) runs CareerStrides, a career consulting firm. She coaches clients on effective interview...LINDA MATIAS, JCTC, CIC, NCRW (Long Island, NY) runs CareerStrides, a career consulting firm. She coaches clients on effective interview techniques. A former president of the National Resume Writers Association, her syndicated column appears on sites including CareerKnowHow.com, JobSeekerAdvice.com, and others. She also writes a column and produces a podcast for the YouTube channel CareerStrides and is the author of How to Say It(R) Job Interviews. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.8 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)27.21 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $12.59
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.