30 Reasons Employees Hate Their Managers: What Your People May Be Thinking and What You Can Do About It
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quietly seething...secretly resenting...and ultimately affecting performance, employees negative feelings toward their managers can lurk beneath the surface of even the most pleasant-seeming work relationships. These issues, if gone unchecked, can result in organizational catastrophe. To find out whats really going on, the authors surveyed more than 50,000 employees in 65 organizations of all types and sizes, and discovered the 30 main causes of ill will. This book provides solutions for these fundamental symptoms of employee-manager discomfort, including employees sense that:
- they're being treated like children
- their contributions aren't respected
- their manager doesn't listen to them
- senior managers are incompetent
- they lack the resources and training they need to do their jobs well
- they get insufficient feedback
- their pay isn't fairly linked to job performance
- they are burdened by heavy workloads or inflexible schedules.
Featuring real-life examples, this eye-opening book empowers managers to make their workplaces more productive, congenial, and satisfying for their people and for themselves.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Bruce Katcher
- About the Contributor(s) BRUCE L. KATCHER, PH.D., (Sharon, MA) is founder and president of The Discovery Consulting Group. His client list covers a...BRUCE L. KATCHER, PH.D., (Sharon, MA) is founder and president of The Discovery Consulting Group. His client list covers a broad range, from Fortune 500 names such as Revlon, Johnson Johnson, Alcoa, and Merck to successful smaller companies. He is the author of the award-winning book 30 Reasons Employees Hate Their Managers (978-0-8144-0915-2). show more
- Publish Date05/09/2023
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)34.03 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.