A Plant-Based Life: Your Complete Guide to Great Food, Radiant Health, Boundless Energy, and a Better Body
- Regular price
- Sale price
More people than ever are eating a whole-food, plant-based diet. Studies show that it is better for our bodies and better for the planet, but it isn't always easy.
Whether you're taking your first steps on this path to wellness or recommitting yourself to success, author Micaela Cook Karlsen clearly maps the way. Her program enables you to set your own pace and stay the course--without relying on willpower.
Drawing on personal experience and the latest research, A Plant-Based Life reveals how to:
- Find and sustain your motivation
- Gradually add more whole, plant foods into your diet
- Break old food addictions and establish new habits
- Translate favorite recipes to create delicious, nourishing meals
- Reshape your food environment (at home, at work, and on the go) to make healthy eating a no-brainer
- Cultivate relationships that celebrate and support your new lifestyle
Especially valuable are directions for navigating roadblocks. You'll find strategies for getting family members on board and for allaying friends' concerns about your food choices with evidence-based nutrition information. Take advantage of shopping tips, pantry lists, menu plans, and more than 100 mouth watering recipes, with contributions from plant-based leaders.
If your goal is a healthier, more energized life, make A Plant-Based Life your personal GPS. The journey will be more satisfying than you ever imagined.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Micaela Karlsen
- About the Contributor(s) Dr. Micaela Karlsen serves as Director of the Lifestyle Medicine Economic Research Consortium from the American College of Lifestyle Medicine...
Dr. Micaela Karlsen serves as Director of the Lifestyle Medicine Economic Research Consortium from the American College of Lifestyle Medicine and the Lifestyle Medicine Institute, as well as co-investigator on the Adhering to Dietary Approaches for Personal Taste (ADAPT) Study from Tufts University. She is also Adjunct Faculty for the University of New England Master’ Programs in Applied Nutrition and Global Public Health. Dr. Karlsen is the author of A Plant-Based Life and a contributor to the New York Times bestseller Forks Over Knives: The Plant-Based Way to Health. She created and maintains PlantBasedResearch.org, an online library of original, peer-reviewed research studies relevant to plant-based nutrition, as well as SustainableDiet.com, a 3-month transition program for supporting successful and permanent transitions to plant-based diets. Her expertise is in dietary patterns, plant-based nutrition and nutritional adequacy, and predictors of successful behavior change. She holds a PhD in Nutritional Epidemiology from the Tufts Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy and a Masters degree in Human Nutrition from the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.1 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.8 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $16.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.