A Team of Leaders: Empowering Every Member to Take Ownership, Demonstrate Initiative, and Deliver Results
Paul GUSTAVSON | Stewart Liff
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Every team needs a leader, but why do we so often take that to mean that the appropriate workplace team needs to consist of one gem of a worker com... Read More
Every team needs a leader, but why do we so often take that to mean that the appropriate workplace team needs to consist of one gem of a worker complemented with a bunch of obedient order-takers and yes men? What if the complementary fits between the team members were not with how well they performed the tasks handed down to them but with how they all used their unique strengths to share knowledge, push the envelope, and lead together in the challenge before them? The team of authors behind A Team of Leaders wants to show readers how to design systems within their organization and management procedures that nurture the leadership potential of every employee, not just the ones they ear-marked as having potential for promotion. The proven principles and techniques within these invaluable pages include: • The Five-Stage Team Development Model that maps the transition from traditional to self-directed teams • Best practices in team process design • A Team Value Creation Tool that allows members to appreciate the significance of what they contribute each day • Visual Management • And more The key to your company’s success is creating successful teams of leaders combining their individual talents and strengths into a single, unstoppable driving force. The fresh approach taught in this indispensable guide will transform passive groups of disparate people into the effective teams of leaders you didn’t know was possible to have. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Paul GUSTAVSON , Stewart Liff
- About the Contributor(s) STEWART LIFF began his career with the federal government in 1974. He is a winner of the President's Council on...STEWART LIFF began his career with the federal government in 1974. He is a winner of the President's Council on Management Improvement Award and the Presidential Rank Award for Meritorious Service. His books include Managing Government Employees (978-0-8144-0887-2). show more
- Publish Date03/20/2014
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.66 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.66 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $19.95
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.