Accounting for the Numberphobic: A Survival Guide for Small Business Owners
- Regular price
- Sale price
As a small business owner, having knowledge of crucial numbers is the most important tool you can equip yourself with to survive today’s competitive marketplace. If you’re not a numbers person, Accounting for the Numberphobic is to the rescue!
Why do so many business owners dread looking at the numbers? Financial statements, ledgers, profit and loss reports--many avoid these and treat them like junk mail and phone solicitors. Nevertheless, it’s true--you’re not a numbers person. How can you learn to make sense out of all this Greek?
This easy-to-follow guide demystifies your company's financial dashboard: the Net Income Statement, Cash Flow Statement, and Balance Sheet. The book explains in plain English how each measurement reflects the overall health of your business--and impacts your decisions.
In Accounting for the Numberphobic, you will discover:
- How your Net Income Statement is the key to growing your profits;
- How to identify the break-even point that means your business is self-sustaining;
- Real-world advice on measuring and increasing cash flow;
- What the Balance Sheet reveals about your company's worth;
- And much more!
Don’t leave your company’s finances entirely in the hands of a third-party accounting service or an employee who is only loyal to the highest paycheck. Knowing the numbers yourself isn’t just about seeing how your company is doing, it’s about knowing where it is going--and guiding it toward the highest profits possible.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Dawn Fotopulos
- About the Contributor(s) DAWN FOTOPULOS is founder of Best Small Biz Help.com, an award-winning blog and resource site for small-businesspeople. A former banker,...
DAWN FOTOPULOS is founder of Best Small Biz Help.com, an award-winning blog and resource site for small-businesspeople. A former banker, she is currently an Associate Professor of Business at The King's College in Manhattan.show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.97 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.9 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $16.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.