Coaching for Emotional Intelligence: The Secret to Developing the Star Potential in Your Employees
- Regular price
- Sale price
In this book, Bob Wall offers coaching strategies that will enable every manager to elicit excellence by improving the negative behaviors and communications flaws that are undermining an employee's performance.
More than any other trait, emotional intelligence is the one variable that can transform a mediocre employee into an exceptional one. Managers now have a new and demanding role. They must become coaches who help their employees to develop emotional intelligence and the positive interpersonal relationships that result. And while this kind of corrective coaching may seem daunting and unpleasant to many managers, it is also achievable with the right tools.
Coaching for Emotional Intelligence provides a structured format for formulating and delivering both praise and corrective feedback, as well as a step-by-step method and sample scripts for conducting a coaching session. You will:
- Overcome the fear of coaching on sensitive, personal issues.
- Learn the critical importance of praise--and how to give it.
- Understand the influences that shaped the behaviors of the individual being coached.
- Determine whether an employee is responding to corrective coaching, when to keep them or when to fire them.
- Create an action plan for teaching employees to identify and alter unwanted behavior.
- Master spontaneous coaching: delivering praise in 15-20 seconds -- and corrective feedback within 45 seconds.
- Formulate structured conversations when corrective coaching isn’t working.
- Create successful, detailed, and clear personal, team, and work evaluations and mission statements.
The first book of its kind, Coaching for Emotional Intelligence is a thoughtful, realistic, and accessible guide that will change the way managers lead in the workplace -- and will ensure that their employees are reaching their full potential.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Bob WALL
- Publish Date10/27/2006
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.66 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.66 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $13.27
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.