Cracking the New Job Market: The 7 Rules for Getting Hired in Any Economy
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
The rules for finding work once seemed pretty straightforward. In this myth-busting book, Author R. William Holland, a human resources insider, sho... Read More
The rules for finding work once seemed pretty straightforward. In this myth-busting book, Author R. William Holland, a human resources insider, shows job seekers how those rules have changed. A clear resume, rehearsed interview answers, and face-to-face networking are no longer enough to land the job of your dreams--or even any job, for that matter. The key, rather than to emphasize past accomplishments or education, is to sell your value to prospective employers. In Cracking the New Job Market, Holland introduces the prevailing rules of this new approach to job seeking and equips readers to master the skills required for success. You’ll learn how to gather information on what a prospective employer finds important; emphasize key skills, accomplishments, and qualities in tailored resumes; tell the right stories during your interview; identify the intersection between personal talents and what the marketplace needs; unlock the networking power of social media; and negotiate the best possible offer. With enlightening insights and practical tips, this book delivers job-hunting strategies that actually work and can help you landing a great job--even in a challenging economy. Read Less
- Contributor(s)R. Holland
- About the Contributor(s) R. WILLIAM HOLLAND, PH.D. is founder of R. William Holland Consulting, LLC, specializing in HR and career management. He has...R. WILLIAM HOLLAND, PH.D. is founder of R. William Holland Consulting, LLC, specializing in HR and career management. He has also served as executive vice president at Right Management, Inc. and as chief human resources officer at Meridian Bank, the University of Pennsylvania, and the BP outsourcing business for Andersen Consulting. He is currently a senior vice president for BeamPines. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.66 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)36.52 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 7.38(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $8.98
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.