Creative Directions: Mastering the Transition from Talent to Leader
- Regular price
- Sale price
Welcome to the Age of Creatives, where more and more makers, designers, writers, and artists are in demand. Learn how to succeed at managing other creatives … once you understand the new strategies and mindset that are required.
For creators, getting that promotion to management is exciting but can also be scary. The skills that made them so successful may not translate to the skill required to be a great manager, and this gets even more complicated when managing other creatives who often don’t thrive under traditional management procedures.
Creative Direction is a management masterclass in which readers attend lectures and seminars as they learn from some of the best in the business, including directors Ava DuVernay (When They See Us) and Joe Russo (Avengers: Endgame); two-time Academy Award-winning editor Angus Wall (The Social Network); executive producers from hit TV shows like The Simpsons and GLOW; and creative directors and leaders at businesses like Amazon, Apple, Disney, TikTok, and more. All of these lessons are provided in an attractive, easily accessible format so that readers can open the book to any page and find some actionable or inspirational insight or strategy.
- Receive essential guidance on how to master the delicate balance required to successfully lead a creative team, like how to relinquish control while keeping the focus where it needs to be.
- Learn from star creative leaders in the entertainment industry on essential lessons they learned on their path to success.
- Gain insights on how to balance mastering the new skills you need as a leader with finding the time and energy to focus on the creative work you love.
Enjoy the snackable, easy-reference format that makes the lessons easy to implement and apply.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Jason Sperling
- About the Contributor(s) Jason Sperling serves as SVP, Chief, Creative Development at RPA Advertising in Los Angeles. He spearheads marketing efforts for Honda...
Jason Sperling serves as SVP, Chief, Creative Development at RPA Advertising in Los Angeles. He spearheads marketing efforts for Honda North America, Amazon, TikTok, UNICEF Worldwide, the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation, and the LGBT Center in Los Angeles. He oversees a department of nearly 150 copywriters, art directors, designers, creative directors, web developers, UX designers, and producers. During his time at Apple, his "Get a Mac" campaign was declared Campaign of the Decade by Adweek and was one of Ad Age's Top Campaigns of the Century. In 2015, Adweek selected Jason as one of the Top 30 Creative Directors in the country. Most recently, Campaign US selected Jason for their 40 Over 40 List.show more
- Publish Date06/01/2021
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.02 lb
- Price $20.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.