Elements of Influence: The Art of Getting Others to Follow Your Lead
- Regular price
- Sale price
Drawing on twenty years of research on the most common positive and negative influencing techniques people use to get ahead, author Terry R. Bacon explains how influence works and how you can use it to lead effectively and reach any goal.
We succeed when we’re able to influence how others think, feel, and act: getting them to accept our point of view, follow our lead, join our cause, feel our excitement, or buy our products and services. By shedding light on how the act of influencing impacts our daily lives--even when we don’t realize we (or others) are doing it--Elements of Influence offers the key to using this tool more consciously and effectively through adaptability, perceptiveness, and insight.
Whether you’re a business leader, frontline employee, entrepreneur, or stay-at-home parent, this universal resource teaches you:
- why people allow themselves to be influenced and why they resist;
- how to choose the right influencing approach in different situations;
- how to be influential without formal authority;
- and what it takes to achieve success in every kind of organization or professional role--even when working with those from other countries and cultures.
Filled with tips, exercises, and practical applications, Elements of Influence shows how anyone can exert influence to achieve real results.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Terry Bacon
- About the Contributor(s) TERRY R. BACON (Durango, CO) is the founder of Lore International Institute, a widely respected executive-development firm recently acquired by...
TERRY R. BACON (Durango, CO) is the founder of Lore International Institute, a widely respected executive-development firm recently acquired by Korn/Ferry International. He is now the scholar in residence in that firm and is the author of many books including Powerful Proposals (978-0-8144-7232-3), What People Want, and The Elements of Power (978-0-8144-1511-5).show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.07 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)27.8 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $16.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.