Excuse Me: The Survival Guide to Modern Business Etiquette
- Regular price
- Sale price
Discover a wealth of business etiquette in this invaluable resource book that helps prevent bad behavior in the workplace.
What are the rules for business etiquette today? Is it acceptable to text your boss at home? What is the polite way to ask a colleague to take a distracting conversation behind closed doors? What about the use of smartphones in meetings?
In today’s workplace, manners matter more than ever. With an increasing amount of open-plan workplaces and constant connectivity, the chances of unintentionally annoying or offending others is growing. Merging classic rules of behavior with new realities of modern business, Excuse Me spotlights dozens of puzzling situations, with suggestions for bridging divides.
This book untangles the nuances of:
- meeting etiquette,
- interview expectations,
- proper office attire,
- electronic manners,
- privacy in tight spaces,
- nonverbal cues,
- small talk,
- social media use, and more.
In even the most diverse workplaces, good manners will create an atmosphere of respect, smoothing the way for everyone to succeed. Excuse Me explains how to begin.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Rosanne Thomas
- About the Contributor(s) Rosanne J. Thomas is founder and president of Protocol Advisors, Inc., providing business etiquette training to professionals at some of...
Rosanne J. Thomas is founder and president of Protocol Advisors, Inc., providing business etiquette training to professionals at some of the most respected organizations in the world. She also helps prepare students at top colleges and universities to achieve the highest degree of workplace success.show more
- Publish Date01/17/2023
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)22.11 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.