Fitness After 40: Your Strong Body at 40, 50, 60, and Beyond
- Regular price
- Sale price
With Fitness After 40, regain the energy and physique of a teenager in no time.
Your body is getting older, those stairs are looking steeper, and your bones are cracking louder. The unavoidable fact is that your body is aging. However, that doesn’t have to impact your fitness level. Forget how many candles were on your last birthday cake--if you exercise smarter, you can remain youthful, energetic, and strong.
As an academic orthopedic surgeon and internationally recognized authority on active aging and mobility, Dr. Vonda Wright has created a unique medical program designed to target the fitness and performance needs of mature athletes. In this invaluable resource, Wright reveals how anyone can use flexibility, aerobic exercise, and strength training to maximize the benefits of their fitness regime.
You will learn how to:
- Understand your body, and approach exercise in a new way
- Maximize your fitness while minimizing injury
- Gain flexibility--no matter your age
- Benefit from aerobic exercise
- Build strength through resistance training
- Improve balance
Fitness After 40 for all maturing adults includes “20 Minutes to Burn” workouts, a six-week total-body plan, and the latest information on nutrition, injury prevention, joint preservation, and the mind/body connection for all maturing adults.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Vonda Wright , Ruth Winter
- About the Contributor(s) VONDA WRIGHT, M.D., is an orthopedic surgeon and director of PRIMA, a pioneering program for athletes over 40. A prominent...VONDA WRIGHT, M.D., is an orthopedic surgeon and director of PRIMA, a pioneering program for athletes over 40. A prominent authority on sports medicine and active aging, she has appeared on Dr. Oz, The Doctors, and CNN, and has been quoted in The New York Times, USA Today, Prevention, Fitness, and other major media. RUTH WINTER, M.S. is an award-winning science writer and author. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.8 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)25.19 lb
- Dimensions 9.5(h) x 7.5(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.