Fitness After 40: Your Strong Body at 40, 50, 60, and Beyond
Vonda Wright | Ruth Winter
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Your body is getting older, those stairs are looking steeper, and your bones are cracking louder. Like it or not, it's an unavoidable fact--your bo... Read More
Your body is getting older, those stairs are looking steeper, and your bones are cracking louder. Like it or not, it’s an unavoidable fact--your body is aging. But that doesn’t have to impact your fitness level! Forget how many candles were on your last birthday cake--if you exercise smarter, you can remain youthful, energetic, and strong. As an academic orthopedic surgeon and internationally recognized authority on active aging and mobility, Dr. Vonda Wright has created a unique medical program designed to target the fitness and performance needs of mature athletes. In her book Fitness After 40, Wright reveals how anyone can use flexibility, aerobic exercise, and strength training to maximize the benefits of their fitness regime. Readers will learn how to: • Understand your body, and approach exercise in a new way • Maximize your fitness while minimizing injury • Gain flexibility--no matter your age • Benefit from aerobic exercise • Build strength through resistance training • Improve balance • And much more The second edition of this invaluable resource for all maturing adults includes “20 Minutes to Burn” workouts, a six-week total-body plan, and the latest information on nutrition, injury prevention, joint preservation, and the mind/body connection. With Fitness After 40, regain the energy and physique of a teenager in no time! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Vonda Wright , Ruth Winter
- About the Contributor(s) VONDA WRIGHT, M.D., is an orthopedic surgeon and director of PRIMA, a pioneering program for athletes over 40. A prominent...VONDA WRIGHT, M.D., is an orthopedic surgeon and director of PRIMA, a pioneering program for athletes over 40. A prominent authority on sports medicine and active aging, she has appeared on Dr. Oz, The Doctors, and CNN, and has been quoted in The New York Times, USA Today, Prevention, Fitness, and other major media. RUTH WINTER, M.S. is an award-winning science writer and author. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.8 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)25.19 lb
- Dimensions 9.5(h) x 7.5(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $13.27
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.