Future Savvy: Identifying Trends to Make Better Decisions, Manage Uncertainty, and Profit from Change
- Regular price
- Sale price
There is no shortage of forecasting available to businesses looking to anticipate and profit from future trends. But what information, from the endless sea of sources, is valid? How do you know which predictions to take seriously, which to be wary of, and which to throw out entirely? Most important, which ones do you let guide your business’s decisions?
Future Savvy gives you a battery of critical tests to apply to any forecast to assess its validity and its relevance to your business’s strategic decisions. In sifting through the endless reams of information you receive in the form of predictions, you will now be able to:
- Distinguish between (and apply) future-aligning versus future-influencing forecasting
- Combine short, medium, and long-term forecasting to create a three-dimensional model of the future
- Decrease reliance on “hard” data that may not be as inarguable as you think
- See through biases in research, consider the source and motivation behind any analysis, and approach information from the perspective most relevant to your organization’s needs
- Assess the value of forecasting as it pertains to the nature and timing of specific outcomes
- Avoid the common pitfalls in trend-based forecasting and use better alternatives
- Develop multiple future scenarios
- And more
Author Adam Gordon synthesizes all these powerful analytical tools into a template that allows you to apply forecast filtering, a systematic deconstruction that accounts for all possible sources of inconsistency, fallibility, or bias in any presentation of predictive information. Using the approaches in Future Savvy, you stand a much better chance of parlaying information into strong results.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Adam Gordon
- Publish Date12/06/2022
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.41 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.