Green Tech: How to Plan and Implement Sustainable IT Solutions
- Regular price
- Sale price
Green Tech divides the mission of sustainable IT into three major goals.
The first is to rethink your purchasing goals. Often, the lowest-priced equipment is so energy-inefficient that its initial advantage is negated during its first year of operation; while only slightly higher outlays will result in substantial savings very soon and for years to come.
Second, your company needs to examine the specific equipment it has and the specific tasks for which it is used. Are your servers bigger than you need; your backups overly redundant; your workstations, printers, scanners, copiers, and other items left on overnight and over the weekend?
Third, think long term. Disposal may seem like an issue for down the road but getting rid of old equipment can be a costly endeavor. You don’t want to have to pay hefty waste-processing fees, fines, or indefinite warehousing costs. And if you’ve bought quality equipment in the first place, you’ll find many opportunities to sell or donate it when you’ve outgrown it.
A book not just for IT buyers but for anyone in business, from the C-suite to purchasing to public relations, Green Tech offers practical ways to:
- Encourage sensible power usage by bridging the gap between the people using the electricity and the people paying the bills
- Build the business case for adopting and executing green technology strategies across the entire organization
- Reduce energy and equipment costs without sacrificing customer service levels
- Identify old equipment and cost-effective, energy-smart replacements
- Right-size your equipment for the tasks at hand, including reducing or virtualizing servers
- Cool your data centers for a fraction of the cost you’re paying now
- Conduct an energy audit and establish your company’s energy baseline
- Recycle or donate old equipment responsibly
One at a time or in combination, each idea in this book will have a noticeable impact on your bottom line—and on the world around you.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lawrence Webber , Michael Wallace
- About the Contributor(s) LAWRENCE WEBBER is a Certified Project Manager, a Master Business Continuity Professional, and a senior IT project manager.MICHAEL WALLACE is...LAWRENCE WEBBER is a Certified Project Manager, a Master Business Continuity Professional, and a senior IT project manager.
MICHAEL WALLACE is a senior consultant with Cardinal Solutions Group, an IT strategy, Agile coaching, and disaster recovery consultancy. show more
- Publish Date12/06/2022
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.41 lb
- Price $19.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.