How Do I Get There from Here?: Planning for Retirement When the Old Rules No Longer Apply
- Regular price
- Sale price
No matter how far or close you think you are to retirement, this book is your one-stop guide to help you plot your direction for the coming decades.
Not long ago everyone knew what the word retirement meant--retire at age 65 after 40 years at the same job and coast through your golden years courtesy of a comfortable nest egg. But now, age expectancy is higher, savings are slimmer, and people change jobs more frequently. Clinging to this outdated concept of retirement only gets you a room in your kids’ house. Your retirement is going to require an incremental approach to planning--and you must begin now. This requires conscious engagement, diverse interests, and the ability to adapt.
In How Do I Get There from Here?, readers will first be directed how to review all their assets--both tangible and intangible--so they can get an honest assessment of where they are right now. Then a journey through self-reflective questions and exercises will:
- walk you through imagining your future,
- identifying skills you’ll need,
- and learning how to prepare for inevitable twists and turns along the way.
Stop clinging to an ancient and stereotypical idea of retirement. Decades of nonstop leisure is not only unreachable for most, it’s not even truly desirable. Begin now charting the path for a unique, dynamic future you can look forward to!Read Less
- Contributor(s)George Schofield
- About the Contributor(s) George H. Schofield, Ph.D., is an author, speaker, and developmental/organizational psychologist who advises clients on retirement and career planning plus...George H. Schofield, Ph.D., is an author, speaker, and developmental/organizational psychologist who advises clients on retirement and career planning plus life crafting after age 50. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.77 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.78 lb
- Dimensions 8.95(h) x 6.05(w) x 0.85(d) inches
- Price $11.87
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.