How to Manage Complex Programs: High-Impact Techniques for Handling Project Workflow, Deliverables, and Teams
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Projects require managers, but programs warrant maestros. Tasked with overseeing multiple project teams and thousands of activities, program manage... Read More
Projects require managers, but programs warrant maestros. Tasked with overseeing multiple project teams and thousands of activities, program managers have one of the most challenging jobs in the market. Too many overburdened managers are leaving otherwise great jobs, even the field entirely, because they haven’t equipped themselves with the right tools in hand to take on this complex but fulfilling job. In order to see a program successfully through to completion, a program manager must break the work down into simpler, smaller pieces and organize it into interdependent tasks. The strategies in How to Manage Complex Programs will help them do just that, no matter what the project. Complete with diagrams, graphs, and real-life examples, this all-encompassing guide book explains the ins and outs of program management and provides concrete and effective techniques for structuring deliverables, workflow, and staffing. Readers will learn to: • Decompose complex deliverables into manageable chunks • Develop coherent plans for component projects • Handle cross-project dependencies • Organize program staff and project leaders into a high-performing team • And more! Yes, program management is challenging. But the most rewarding jobs always are. Don’t let yourself become overburdened and tempted to leave a field in high demand of hard workers such as yourself. These proven strategies are the key to finding both relief and success! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tom Kendrick
- About the Contributor(s) TOM KENDRICK, PMP has over 35 years of project and program experience, including senior positions with Hewlett-Packard and Visa. A...TOM KENDRICK, PMP has over 35 years of project and program experience, including senior positions with Hewlett-Packard and Visa. A respected author, he received PMI's David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award for the previous edition of this book. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.38 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)33.12 lb
- Dimensions 9.38(h) x 6.38(w) x 1.25(d) inches
- Price $24.47
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.