Leading through Disruption: A Changemaker’s Guide to Twenty-First Century Leadership
- Regular price
- Sale price
The traditional corporate leadership playbook your grandparents wrote no longer works. This book from one of the world’s top executives is a new leadership paradigm for resilience and agility in a rapidly changing world.
In the last twenty years, the world has faced dramatic changes: climate change, economic downturns, a worldwide pandemic, geopolitical upheaval, terrorism, and the collapse of various industries. It will now require an overhaul in order to handle these global tectonic shifts.
This book is a must-read guide for aspiring leaders in various sectors, who are keen on not only ensuring current success, but protecting the planet’s future for everyone. Andrew Liveris, former Chairman and CEO of The Dow Chemical Company, presents a variety of powerful tools that will enable you to tackle any problem quickly and responsively, with an eye to creating a more equitable, sustainable future.
In these pages, you will learn how to:
- Create and use metrics that quantify the positive impact on all members of society.
- Collaborate with scientists, politicians, regulators, corporate boards, and other stakeholders to create effective policies that work.
- Broaden your company’s focus to include both long-term sustainability and short-term profitability without sacrificing the former to gain the latter.
- Strengthen local communities via corporate investment and advocacy for the improvement of amenities and services for all.
- Hire team members who fully and proactively support strategies to improve the world and its future.
- Become a sought-after advisor on how to respond quickly and decisively to uncertainties.
Andrew Liveris has four decades of global leadership experience in business, government, academia, and civic society. His book is a powerful tool for any aspiring leader.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Andrew Liveris
- About the Contributor(s) Andrew Liveris AO is the former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Dow Chemical Company and former Executive Chairman...
Andrew Liveris AO is the former Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of The Dow Chemical Company and former Executive Chairman of DowDuPont. A recognized global business leader with more than 42 years at Dow and experience in manufacturing, engineering, sales, marketing, and business and general management.
Liveris advocates the criticality of manufacturing worldwide. He is the author of Make It in America: The Case for Reinventing the Economy (Wiley, 2011) and was tapped by the Trump Administration to help identify new ways to spur innovation, revitalize the US manufacturing sector and drive economic growth and prosperity as chair of the manufacturing council and a member of the apprenticeship of the future task force. Previously he served as co-chair of President Obama's Advanced Manufacturing Partnership steering committee, where he worked closely with President-elect Joe Biden, and as a member of the U President's Export Council.
Andrew was the Special Advisor to the Australian National COVID-19 Co-ordination Commission. He is the Co-Chair of the Territory Economic Reconstruction Commission, advising on how to accelerate the Territory's economic rebound and growth. He is an Independent Member of the Australian government's Industry Growth Centre’s Advisory Committee providing advice on the Industry Growth Centre’s initiative.
Andrew is a Director at IBM, Saudi Aramco, Worley (Deputy Chairman), Lucid Motors (Chairman), NOVONIX and the Minderoo Foundation. He is on the advisory board of Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, Teneo (a global CEO consulting and advisory firm), and NEOM (an initiative driven by Saudi Vision 2030). He is Chairman of the BlackRock Long Term Private Capital Fund and a Special Advisor to the Public Investment Fund (PIF) and the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia. Andrew serves as a Trustee for the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) and is a member of the Concordia Leadership Council.
In 2018, the Andrew N. Liveris Academy for Innovation and Leadership was established at the University of Queensland for students to garner a real-life understanding of global challenges and how to create positive change for society.show more
- Publish Date06/13/2023
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format eBook
- Price $16.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.