Leading with Kindness: How Good People Consistently Get Superior Results
- Regular price
- Sale price
Authors William Baker and Michael O’Malley teach you that--far from popular media portrayals of corporate callousness--kindness has a very distinct and essential place in the office.
Without presenting a naive idea of kindness, this eye-opening book identifies the surprising attributes successful and resoundingly kind leaders share--revealing how traits like sincerity, honesty, and respect can benefit organizations and help them to thrive.
In Leading With Kindness, business professionals will learn how to apply these lessons in their own workplace, gaining tips for how to:
- motivate employees, committee members, and others;
- recognize unique talents while nurturing all employees;
- establish a supportive environment;
- spur continuous organizational growth;
- adapt to change;
- and prepare the next generation of leaders.
Subtly and very effectively, a gentler, more human conception of leadership has become the gold standard for excellence. Leading With Kindness shows leaders how they can leverage the deceptively complex notion of kindness as guiding principle to lead more effectively.Read Less
- Contributor(s)William Baker , Michael O'Malley
- About the Contributor(s) WILLIAM F. BAKER, PH.D. (New York, NY) is president emeritus of WNET, New York's PBS station, and a professor at...
WILLIAM F. BAKER, PH.D. (New York, NY) is president emeritus of WNET, New York's PBS station, and a professor at Fordham University. He teaches Understanding the Profession: The Business of the Performing Arts in the 21st Century to students from Juilliard and Fordham.
Michael O'Malley (Hamden, CT) is Executive Editor for Business, Economics, and Law at Yale University Press, and adjunct professor at Columbia University Business School. show more
- Publish Date08/13/2008
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.75 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.75 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.