Lean Manufacturing That Works: Powerful Tools for Dramatically Reducing Waste and Maximizing Profits
- Regular price
- Sale price
Far from a dry explanation of theory that simply looks good on paper, this book brings all the principles of lean manufacturing to where they’re needed most: the shop floor.
“Lean” manufacturing allows manufacturers to reduce waste and maximize profits by adopting a philosophy of operation that considers value from the perspective of the customer. Engagingly written and easy to put to work, Lean Manufacturing That Works is specifically aimed at the people whose daily work involves the manufacturing floor, and it features essential tools that can help streamline operations in any manufacturing environment.
Author Bill Carreira presents a thorough overview of:
- lean manufacturing, with discussions of cost and cash flow;
- velocity and lead time;
- what waste is and how it affects both profit and customer satisfaction;
- how to quantify opportunities to become more profitable;
- and how to use lean manufacturing to both complement and implement business strategy.
A proven “weight loss” plan for your manufacturing environment, the lean strategy allows you to expend fewer resources in delivering value to the customer. The results are growth through the taking of market share, greater profitability, and increased opportunity and stability for your employees. Carreira provides insights into this remarkable strategy and shows how to put it to work immediately in your own operations.
Lean Manufacturing That Works gives you with specific, practical information on every page, and sends you back to the shop floor with a workable plan that will transform your entire operation.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Bill Carreira
- About the Contributor(s) Bill Carreira is president of Carreira Consulting, working with clients as a trainer, mentor, and facilitator of lean manufacturing methodologies....
Bill Carreira is president of Carreira Consulting, working with clients as a trainer, mentor, and facilitator of lean manufacturing methodologies. With over 30 years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, and P&L management, he has worked with both Fortune 500s and small firms across a broad range of industries. He lives in Sarasota, Florida.show more
- Publish Date11/19/2004
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.98 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.98 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $13.97
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.