Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People: Over 325 Ready-to-Use Words and Phrases for Working with Challenging Personalities
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
The key to a harmonious, highly effective work environment is not by ensuring you work among carbon-copies of yourself whose personalities never cl... Read More
The key to a harmonious, highly effective work environment is not by ensuring you work among carbon-copies of yourself whose personalities never clash with one another or with you. That pipe dream could not ever happen, nor would it result in a successful team collaboration even if it could. Instead, most of us are going to work today with individuals who at times come across as incompetent, lazy, spotlight-hugging, whiny, or backstabbing. And then tomorrow we go to work with them again . . . and again . . . and again. Like it or not, the bulk of our waking hours are spent with people at work--people who can grate on our nerves. Therefore, learning to interact effectively with difficult employees, colleagues, and bosses is an absolute essential for our success. With Powerful Phrases for Dealing with Difficult People, anyone can learn how to confront head-on the difficult situations that can arise when dealing with these personalities, before they fester and spread. Helpful features inside this practical and easy-to-use book include: • Thirty common personality traits, behaviors, and workplace scenarios along with the phrases that work best with each • Nonverbal communication skills to back up your words • Sample dialogues that demonstrate how phrasing improves interactions • A five-step process for moving from conflict to resolution • “Why This Works” sections that provide detailed explanations Button-pushing situations are going to come up today at work--and tomorrow too. Don’t let them rent space inside of you and turning everything to mold. Instead, choose to deploy simple phrases to regain control and resolve conflicts. When you do, you, your colleagues, and your company will be all the better for it! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Renee Evenson
- About the Contributor(s) REN'E EVENSON is a small-business consultant specializing in workplace communication and conflict resolution strategies. She is the author of several...REN'E EVENSON is a small-business consultant specializing in workplace communication and conflict resolution strategies. She is the author of several books, including Powerful Phrases for Effective Customer Service and Customer Service Training 101. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.55 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)19.92 lb
- Dimensions 9.13(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $11.99
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.