Resilience at Work: How to Succeed No Matter What Life Throws at You
- Regular price
- Sale price
This useful resource gives you the knowledge, tools, and encouragement you need to embark on your journey to becoming a hardier, more successful person.
More than experience or training, resilience in the face of stressful situations and rapid changes determines whether you ultimately succeed or fail in the workplace. It allows you to thrive even in tumultuous conditions, to turn potential disasters into growth opportunities. The good news for the legions of other workers who become overwhelmed by stress is that resilience in the face of life’s problems is not an inborn personality trait, but a set of skills and attitudes that you can learn and develop.
Packed with insightful examples, case studies, and self-assessment tools, Resilience at Work explains how to:
- Approach change as a meaningful challenge no matter how stressful the circumstances, and stay committed to your work, rather than detaching and giving up.
- Gain control by understanding the upside and the downside of change, and take actions to influence beneficial outcomes.
- Turn stressful changes to your advantage and map out sound problem-solving strategies.
- Resolve ongoing conflicts and build an environment of assistance and encouragement between you and your coworkers.
- Decrease feelings of isolation and powerlessness by understanding the 3Cs that give you the ability to thrive amid disruptive changes: commitment, control, and challenge.
Reorganization, downsizing, mergers, budget pressures, transfers, job insecurity, and more are producing today’s unpredictable, pressure-cooker conditions, and making it harder for less resilient people to achieve the success they deserve. Resilience at Work supplies insights and strategies you can use to combat your fear of change and uncover the opportunities that can be found in even the most stressful situations.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Salvatore R. MADDI , Deborah M. KHOSHABA
- Publish Date03/04/2005
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.68 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.68 lb
- Dimensions 8.9(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.44(d) inches
- Price $16.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.