Results Without Authority: Controlling a Project When the Team Doesn't Report to You
- Regular price
- Sale price
For project managers looking to establish credibility and drive winning results, author Tom Kendrick’s groundbreaking system provides the key to leading cross-functional, outsourced, and other types of teams through every stage of the project cycle.
Results Without Authority is the definitive book on control--teaching the three principal levels of control, including project process, influence, and metrics, among other important areas. You learn the surefire way to keep projects moving forward: by relying only on these factors.
The book’s completely updated second edition includes new information on:
- agile methods and evolving project management tools,
- strategies for working with virtual teams,
- analytical versus “blink” decision processes,
- the use (and misuse) of social media in project environments,
- and the myth of multitasking.
For project leaders lacking clear-cut authority, getting everyone on board--and keeping them there--can be a challenge. Whether you’re managing small, team-level projects or major organizational initiatives, Results Without Authority is the must-have guide to getting the best outcomes for your company.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tom Kendrick
- About the Contributor(s) Tom Kendrick the former Program Director for the project management curriculum at UC Berkeley Extension, and lives in the Bay...
Tom Kendrick the former Program Director for the project management curriculum at UC Berkeley Extension, and lives in the Bay area near San Francisco, California. He is a past award recipient of the Project Management Institute (PMI) David I. Cleland Project Management Literature Award in October 2010 for "Identifying and Managing Project Risk: Essential Tools for Failure-Proofing Your Project" (now in its fourth edition). Tom is also a certified PMP and serves as a volunteer for both the PMI Silicon Valley Chapter and PMI.org.show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.86 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)27.51 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $13.97
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.