Rich: : The Rise and Fall of American Wealth Culture
- Regular price
- Sale price
The first full examination of American wealth culture over the past century, Larry Samuel’s Rich completes an important chapter of the nation’s history.
Rich traces the trajectory of wealth culture from the decadent Roaring Twenties up to the present and into the near future, examining the who, what, when, where, and why of the American rich. Through hundreds of compelling, real-life stories, Rich weaves a grand narrative of the monied classes in the U.S., revealing the backstory that has shaped our strange, fickle fascination with the rich and their cultural quirks. Who were the Donald Trumps and Paris Hiltons of the past? How did the rich show off their status? What did they splurge on, and how did they behave when times got tough?
Rich also reveals:
- The rise of the first mass affluent class in America and the billionaire next door
- The virtual demise of Old Money as we knew (and mythologized) it
- Our continuing love/hate relationship with the rich
- The tenuous relationship between wealth and happiness
- Whether the rich really are, as F. Scott Fitzgerald famously thought, different
Enlightening, entertaining, and brimming with surprises, Rich gives us a deeper understanding of our country’s wealthiest and most enigmatic class.Read Less
- Publish Date10/11/2022
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Dimensions 10.0(h) x 7.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $19.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.