Sales Differentiation: 19 Powerful Strategies to Win More Deals at the Prices You Want
- Regular price
- Sale price
"If we don't drop our price, we will lose the deal."
That's the desperate cry from salespeople as they try to win deals in competitive marketplaces. While the easy answer is to lower the price, the company sacrifices margin--oftentimes unnecessarily.
To win deals at the prices you want,the strategy needed is differentiation. Most executives think marketing is the sole source of differentiation. But what about the sales function of the company? This commonly neglected differentiation opportunity provides a multitude of ways to stand out from the competition. This groundbreaking book teaches you how to develop those strategies.
In Sales Differentiation, sales management strategist, Lee B. Salz presents nineteen easy-to-implement concepts to help salespeople win deals while protecting margins. These concepts apply to any salesperson in any industry and are based on the foundation that "how you sell, not just what you sell, differentiates you."
The strategies are presented in easy-to-understand stories and can quickly be put into practice. Divided into two sections, the "what you sell" chapters help salespeople:
- Recognize that the expression "we are the best" causes differentiation to backfire.
- Avoid the introspective question that frustrates salespeople and ask the right question to fire them up.
- Understand what their true differentiators are and how to effectively position them with buyers.
- Find differentiators in every nook and cranny of the company using the six components of the "Sales Differentiation Universe."
- Create strategies to position differentiators so buyers see value in them.
The "how you sell" section teaches salespeople how to provide meaningful value to buyers and differentiate themselves in every stage of the sales process. This section helps salespeople:
- Develop strategies to engage buyers and turn buyer objections into sales differentiation opportunities.
- Shape buyer decision criteria around differentiators.
- Turn a commoditized Request for Proposal (RFP) process into a differentiation opportunity.
- Use a buyer request for references as a way to stand out from the competition.
- Leverage the irrefutable, most powerful differentiator...themselves.
Whether you've been selling for twenty years or are new to sales, the tools you learn in Sales Differentiation will help you knock-out the competition, build profitable new relationships, and win deals at the prices you want.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Lee B. Salz
- About the Contributor(s) When salespeople aren’t winning deals at desired levels or price points, executives and business owners turn to Lee B. Salz...
When salespeople aren’t winning deals at desired levels or price points, executives and business owners turn to Lee B. Salz for help. Lee is a world-renowned sales management strategist and CEO of Sales Architects®. A recognized expert in Sales Differentiation, he specializes in helping salesforces, across all industries, win more deals at the prices you want.
A featured columnist in The Business Journals and a media source on sales and sales management, Lee has been quoted and featured in The Wall Street Journal, CNN, The New York Times, MSNBC, ABC News, and numerous other outlets. Lee is a frequently-sought keynote speaker and consultant on Sales Differentiation, salesforce development, hiring, onboarding, compensation, and other sales performance topics.
He is the bestselling author of the award-winning, bestselling books Sales Differentiation and Hire Right, Higher Profits.
Lee is a championship powerlifter and a graduate of Binghamton University. Originally from New York City and New Jersey, he now resides in a Minneapolis suburb with his wife, three kids, and two dogs. When he isn't helping his clients win more deals at the prices you want, you will find him on the baseball field coaching his boys.show more
- Publish Date09/06/2022
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.42 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.42 lb
- Dimensions 8.35(h) x 5.45(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.