Stronger: Develop the Resilience You Need to Succeed
- Regular price
- Sale price
Drawing on the unique perspective of a standout team of authors, this book explores the science behind resilience and explains how you can develop this vital trait for yourself.
Resilient people have learned to bounce back from setbacks and do not hesitate to meet adversity head-on. While others breathe huge sighs of relief when they get to avoid a pressure-filled moment, those strong in resilience live for moments like that and always rise to the occasion. Don’t think you have what it takes to excel in those moments? Do you believe that some naturally exude that type of inner strength, and some--such as yourself--just weren’t built that way?
Recent studies have shown that the resilience we see so often in first responders, military, and others is something that anyone can build within themselves. Stronger shares the five factors that combine to unlock deep reserves of personal power:
- Active optimism--believe that you can change things for the better
- Decisive action--you can't succeed if you don't take the leap
- Moral compass--face any challenge with clear guiding principles
- Relentless tenacity--try, try again
- Interpersonal support--gain strength from those around you
Today’s demanding world calls for a special kind of strength. That strength is within you already!Read Less
- Contributor(s)George Everly Jr. , Douglas Strouse , Dennis K. McCormack
- About the Contributor(s) GEORGE S. EVERLY JR., PH.D., is Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine...
GEORGE S. EVERLY JR., PH.D., is Associate Professor of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine and Professor of Psychology at Loyola University Maryland. One of the fathers of modern stress management, he has consulted with FEMA, ATF, and the FBI National Academy.
DOUGLAS A. STROUSE, PH.D., is founder and CEO of Global Data Source. He has a doctorate in organizational psychology and is a recognized expert on business resilience. DENNIS K. MCCORMACK, PH.D., is one of the original Navy SEALs. He pioneered SEAL combat doctrine and tactics in Vietnam, and holds doctoral degrees in leadership and human behavior, and professional psychology.
DENNIS K. MCCORMACK, PH.D., is one of the original Navy SEALs. He pioneered SEAL combat doctrine and tactics in Vietnam, and holds doctoral degrees in leadership and human behavior, and professional psychology.show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.08 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.25 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 6.25(w) x 0.88(d) inches
- Price $12.48
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.