Succeeding with Senior Management: Getting the Right Support at the Right Time for Your Project
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Senior managers speak the language of strategy. Project managers use the language of tasks and activities. These significantly different communicat... Read More
Senior managers speak the language of strategy. Project managers use the language of tasks and activities. These significantly different communication styles can lead to breakdowns and setbacks at project sites that are difficult to overcome, especially for the project manager. The key to working through this is communication--specifically communicating up. Succeeding with Senior Management explains how the project manager can bridge the gap and engage the upper ranks. By establishing relationships early on, understanding executives, and keeping them involved, project managers can win the support they need--which will be especially critical when problems arise. This all-inclusive communication guide that covers a wide range of industries explains how project managers can: • Navigate the company’s political waters • Link the project to the business • Provide options and recommendations for major decisions • Use the right listening style • Involve the sponsor in resolving cross-functional problems • And more! Learn how to keep senior management involved with your project, motivated to push obstacles aside, and focused on a successful conclusion. When troubles arise--and they will--you’ll be glad you kept them in the loop. Read Less
- Contributor(s)G. Campbell
- About the Contributor(s) G. Michael Campbell, PMP (Houston, TX) has managed many large, global projects involving senior executives. He is the author of...G. Michael Campbell, PMP (Houston, TX) has managed many large, global projects involving senior executives. He is the author of The Complete Idiot's Guide to Project Management and Communication Skills for Project Managers. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.67 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)32.38 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $14.97
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.