The Elements of Resume Style: Essential Rules for Writing Resumes and Cover Letters That Work
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Building your résumé should be one of the easier parts to the whole job-interview process. But instead it's becoming increasingly str... Read More
Building your résumé should be one of the easier parts to the whole job-interview process. But instead it’s becoming increasingly stressful as well! What kind of résumé will spark the employer’s interest? Which kind most often get passed over? How far back are we supposed to go? How can we best explain those time gaps in between jobs? Are the rules different for online résumés? There are so many vital questions when it comes to building a résumé today, but only one way to be assured you’re getting the right answers--by asking a hiring expert. Scott Bennett has hired hundreds of people in a variety of industries, and he knows firsthand the insights that will catch an employer’s eye, as well as what dangers to avoid if you want to survive the first cut. In The Elements of Résumé Style, Bennett shows readers how to craft clear, compelling, targeted résumés and cover letters that actually work. In this new edition that includes social media and online-application tips, readers will be provided: • More than 1,400 action words, statements, and position descriptions that help sell your skills and experience • Hundreds of words, phrases, and vague claims to avoid • Advice for handling employment gaps, job-hopping, and requests for salary history and requirements • Sample résumés, response letter, inquiry letter, informational interview request letter, references, and more • Surprising tips for acing the interview In today’s ultra-competitive environment, competition is intense no matter the field or position. And the often-overlooked first hurtle to jump over is no doubt the résumé. This candid book’s time-tested tools will make sure yours stands out--helping to get you the job you deserve! Read Less
- Contributor(s)Scott Bennett
- About the Contributor(s) SCOTT BENNETT has reviewed more than 100,000 r'sum's, conducted thousands of interviews, and hired hundreds of employees in organizations both...
SCOTT BENNETT has reviewed more than 100,000 r'sum's, conducted thousands of interviews, and hired hundreds of employees in organizations both large and small.show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.49 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)31.32 lb
- Dimensions 8.25(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $9.95
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.