The Elements of Resume Style: Essential Rules for Writing Resumes and Cover Letters That Work
- Regular price
- Sale price
There are so many vital questions when it comes to building a résumé today, but only one way to be assured you’re getting the right answers--by asking a hiring expert.
Building your résumé should be one of the easier parts to the job interview process, but it’s actually becoming one of the most stressful aspects. What kind of résumé will spark the employer’s interest? Which kind most often get passed over? How far back are we supposed to go? How can we best explain those time gaps in between jobs? Are the rules different for online résumés?
Scott Bennett has hired hundreds of people in a variety of industries, and he knows firsthand the insights that will catch an employer’s eye, as well as what dangers to avoid if you want to survive the first cut. Learn how to craft clear, compelling, targeted résumés and cover letters that actually work!
In The Elements of Résumé Style, you will be provided:
- More than 1,400 action words, statements, and position descriptions that help sell your skills and experience
- Hundreds of words, phrases, and vague claims to avoid
- Advice for handling employment gaps, job-hopping, and requests for salary history and requirements
- Sample résumés, response letter, inquiry letter, informational interview request letter, references,
- Surprising tips for acing the interview
In today’s competitive environment, competition is intense no matter the field or position. The often overlooked first hurdle to jump over is no doubt the résumé. The time-tested tools in The Elements of Résumé Style will make sure yours stands out--helping to get you the job you deserve!Read Less
- Contributor(s)Scott Bennett
- About the Contributor(s) SCOTT BENNETT has reviewed more than 100,000 r'sum's, conducted thousands of interviews, and hired hundreds of employees in organizations both...
SCOTT BENNETT has reviewed more than 100,000 r'sum's, conducted thousands of interviews, and hired hundreds of employees in organizations both large and small.show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.49 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)31.32 lb
- Dimensions 8.25(h) x 5.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $10.49
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.