The First-Time Manager: DEI: Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Regular price
- Sale price
The essential resource for new managers who want to foster a safe, inclusive, and productive space for their teams.
Being an inclusive manager boils down to finding ways to balance power and love day-to-day. When do we prioritize the needs of an individual employee over that of the whole team? When do we hold firm that what the team needs is more important than what the individual wants? How do we ensure that we uphold one person’s boundaries without compromising another’s? How do we live up to the promises we make to ourselves and to each other, all while driving results and hitting our earnings targets?
Alida Miranda-Wolff has worked with hundreds of organizations to help them create cultures of belonging and successful DEI initiatives, which means she knows the common pitfalls to avoid and action items required to make DEI work. In this practical guide, she shares both the mindset and actions required for new managers to build inclusive teams. This one-of-a-kind guide will:
- Help you define your inclusive management style.
- Provide practical guidance on how to create a healthy culture on your teams through equitable practices.
- Teach you the basics of inclusive language.
- Offer guidance on how to give and receive feedback.
- Help you manage identity-based conflict.
- Contributor(s)Alida Miranda-Wolff
- About the Contributor(s) Alida Miranda-Wolff is a strategist, communicator, and people-person. She refines company cultures through a dogged commitment to continuous learning and...
Alida Miranda-Wolff is a strategist, communicator, and people-person. She refines company cultures through a dogged commitment to continuous learning and a disciplined pursuit of more. As the founder of Ethos, a talent strategy firm for tech, Alida grows the teams that fuel rocket ship companies. By shaping culture and developing talent, she helps strengthen every company’s biggest asset: its people. With a focus on diversity, hiring practices, vision and values, and career pathing, she partners with tech leaders to make possibilities and aspirations concrete realities.show more
- Publish Date05/07/2024
- PublisherHarperCollins Leadership
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)26.01 lb
- Price $16.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.