The First-Time Trainer: A Step-by-Step Quick Guide for Managers, Supervisors, and New Training Professionals
- Regular price
- Sale price
Training is still the top strategy to help employees perform at their best. Discover how to be an efficient and poised trainer for your organization with this thoroughly revised, user-friendly book.
Successful organizations depend on expert training to keep them viable, but leaders aren’t always equipped to step into the role of trainer when asked. As a professional trainer and consultant who formerly served as president of the San Diego Chapter of the American Society for Training and Development, author Tom Goad offers a concise, step-by-step guide to quickly help you become a confident, effective trainer.
You’ll learn to tackle challenges of diversity, a multigenerational workforce, and the many options made possible by technology and e-learning through the most up-to-the minute training techniques. The First-Time Trainer does this by teaching you how to:
- select media and delivery methods,
- prepare and give effective presentations,
- communicate with learners and get them involved,
- ask the right kind of questions,
- cope with behavior problems,
- give and receive feedback,
- put objectives to the test, and much more.
Filled with real-world examples and dozens of field-tested tools, The First-Time Trainer gets first-time facilitators training like pros in no time.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Tom W. GOAD
- Publish Date03/17/2010
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.3 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.3 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $16.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.