The Leader Habit: Master the Skills You Need to Lead--in Just Minutes a Day
- Regular price
- Sale price
In leadership as in life, only practice makes perfect. Habits are powerful, and The Leader Habit offers a simple, original approach to dramatically improving even our weakest areas.
Routines quietly undergird large portions of what we do and how we function. Habit formation can speed success in the workplace as well--even in complex areas like leadership. Leadership training expert and bestselling author Martin Lanik spotlights 22 essential leadership abilities, breaking them down into a series of small, learnable behaviors.
In The Leader Habit, you will find:
- Compelling evidence on how habits shape our lives, and how leadership is simply a series of habits
- Content based on original research that looks at 795 leaders across the globe, identifying 22 essential leadership skills and 79 micro-behaviors that make up those skills
- Simple exercises to turn effective leadership behaviors into ingrained habits, along with clear cues that tell you when to practice each
- A Leader Habit Quiz that assesses 6 personality traits and points to behaviors that you’ll find most rewarding
- Tips for staying motivated, avoiding procrastination, and sustaining progress
The book's simple formula focuses on developing one skill at a time: sell the vision, delegate well, innovate often, empower others, overcome resistance, build strategic relationships, focus on customers, listen actively, negotiate effectively, and more.
Many of us aspire to great leadership by consuming books and training. However, unless you intentionally reinforce the right behaviors, results are fleeting. The Leader Habit builds the "muscle memory" to turn leadership skills into lasting habits.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Martin Lanik
- About the Contributor(s) MARTIN LANIK, PH.D. is the CEO of Pinsight«, the leader-readiness platform. He holds a doctoral degree in industrial/organizational psychology and...
MARTIN LANIK, PH.D. is the CEO of Pinsight«, the leader-readiness platform. He holds a doctoral degree in industrial/organizational psychology and has more than a decadeÆs experience designing and running leadership development programs for global companies.show more
- Publish Date04/17/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.0 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)28.03 lb
- Dimensions 9.3(h) x 6.4(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $17.50
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.