The Lean Machine: How Harley-Davidson Drove Top-Line Growth and Profitability with Revolutionary Lean Product Development
Dantar P. Oosterwal
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
From near-extinction in the early eighties, Harley-Davidson rose to worldwide recognition and is still today one of the great, iconic American moto... Read More
From near-extinction in the early eighties, Harley-Davidson rose to worldwide recognition and is still today one of the great, iconic American motorcycle brands. In this insider guide, former Harley-Davidson executive Dantar Oosterwal offers an exclusive look at how Harley-Davidson was able to adapt in an ever-changing world to stay on top and stay in existence. In The Lean Machine, readers learn about Harley-Davidson’s secret weapon and go-to formula for outstanding success: Knowledge-Based Product Development. Rooted in Japanese productivity improvement techniques, this method helped Harley realize an unprecedented fourfold increase in throughput in half the time--powering annual growth of more than ten percent. Winner of the 2017 Shingo Prize for Literature, The Lean Machine--which is part business journal, part analysis, and part step-by-step toolkit--takes readers through the day-to-day transformation at Harley and identifies universal change and improvement issues so that companies in any industry can incorporate this game-changing system--with predictably excellent results. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Dantar P. Oosterwal
- Publish Date01/13/2010
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.85 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)0.85 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.6(d) inches
- Price $15.37
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.