The Lost Art of the Great Speech: How to Write One--How to Deliver It
- Regular price
- Sale price
Learn how to give powerful, on-target speeches that capture an audience's attention and drive home a message.
Splashy slides, confident body language, and a lot of eye contact are fine and well. However, if a speech is rambling, illogical, or just plain boring, the impact will be lost. The key is not just in the delivery techniques, but in tapping into the power of language.
Prepared by award-winning writer and journalist Richard Dowis, The Lost Art of the Great Speech covers every essential element of a great speech, including:
- outlining and organizing,
- beginning with a bang,
- making use of action verbs and vivid nouns,
- and handling questions from the audience.
Plus, this authoritative speech-writing guide includes excerpts from some of history's most memorable speeches--eloquent words to contemplate and emulate. Discover how to not only write a great speech, but also how to deliver it even better.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Richard Dowis
- About the Contributor(s) Richard Dowis (Waleska, GA) recently retired from his position as senior vice president at the PR firm of Manning, Selvage...Richard Dowis (Waleska, GA) recently retired from his position as senior vice president at the PR firm of Manning, Selvage Lee. He now leads several popular business-writing seminars and is the president of the Society for the Preservation of English Language and Literature. He has also won PRSA Phoenix Awards for speech and annual report writing. His books include How to Make Your Writing Reader-Friendly and (as coauthor) The Write Way. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.96 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)40.28 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $13.29
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.