The Optimistic Workplace: Creating an Environment That Energizes Everyone
- Regular price
- Sale price
While you can't personally transform the corporate culture, you can influence the workplace climate and create meaningful and lasting change. Supported by the latest research, this eye-opening book argues that our best work is the product of a positive environment.
When it comes to work these days, we're expected to do more with less--but is this nose-to-the-grindstone philosophy the best way to run a business? Alarmingly low employee engagement numbers indicate otherwise. So, if pushing everyone harder isn't the path to productivity, what is? Advocating a steward model of management, The Optimistic Workplace reveals how to:
- Explore personal and organizational purpose--and align them for astonishing results
- Overcome resistance and skepticism
- Build camaraderie and deepen loyalty
- Increase intrinsic motivation
- Help your team find meaning in their work
- Identify goals collaboratively and track progress
Examples from companies large and small demonstrate how this people-centric focus ignites employee potential, increases innovation, and catapults the organization to new levels of performance. The Optimistic Workplace presents an array of surprisingly simple strategies as well as practical 30-, 60-, and 90-day plans designed to focus your actions and make employee optimism not just a worthy goal--but a real and measurable result.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Shawn Murphy
- About the Contributor(s) Shawn Murphy has over twenty-five years’ experience as an organizational and culture change practitioner, and workshop facilitator. He’s the author...
Shawn Murphy has over twenty-five years’ experience as an organizational and culture change practitioner, and workshop facilitator. He’s the author of The Optimistic Workplace, about which Library Journal noted, “setting aside the quasimilitary concept of command and control, Murphy sets traditional motivational and management theory on its ear.” Shawn was handpicked to join IBM’s elite New Way to Work futurist group and was recently named a “Top 100 Leadership Speaker” by Inc. Shawn has consulted with organizations such as IBM, Zingerman’s, and George Mason University, and has spoken at events such as the Principled Business Leadership Institute, Wellness Workdays, Elevate Summit, Totem Summit, and the Ultimate Culture Conference.show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)1.1 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)35.2 lb
- Dimensions 9.38(h) x 6.38(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $17.47
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.