The Successful Virtual Classroom: How to Design and Facilitate Interactive and Engaging Live Online Learning
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Virtual training and instruction has allowed students from different continents to learn simultaneously from a distinguished professor, as well as ... Read More
Virtual training and instruction has allowed students from different continents to learn simultaneously from a distinguished professor, as well as dispersed employees of a transnational company to participate together in training seminars. Because of this unprecedented flexibility it has provided for today’s learning professionals, virtual training is undoubtedly here to stay--which means designers and facilitators need to learn to adapt their programs and delivery styles if they are going to be as effective virtually as they are in the physical classroom. The Successful Virtual Classroom goes beyond merely introducing the technology that has already become commonplace in many areas of society today, and instead seeks to offer trainers proven techniques tailored specifically to engage line online audiences. By being shown how to best utilize some easy-to-use tools, checklists, and worksheets, readers will learn how to: • Make the most of virtual classroom features such as content and screen sharing, annotation tools, polls, and breakout rooms • Weave chat responses into the discussion • Compensate for the absence of body language • Monitor feedback • Engage individuals with different learning styles • Encourage audience contribution • Meet the unique needs of global participants • And more Featuring case studies from Oracle, UPS, and others who have maximized this new medium’s potential, as well as icebreakers and interactive exercises designed for an online environment, this book helps readers create programs that truly drive learner engagement. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Darlene Christopher
- About the Contributor(s) DARLENE CHRISTOPHER is a Regional Knowledge Learning Officer at the World Bank. She has been designing and delivering virtual training...DARLENE CHRISTOPHER is a Regional Knowledge Learning Officer at the World Bank. She has been designing and delivering virtual training programs for global audiences for over ten years. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.08 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.77 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 7.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $39.95
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.