The Successful Virtual Classroom: How to Design and Facilitate Interactive and Engaging Live Online Learning
- Regular price
- Sale price
Designers and facilitators must adapt their programs and delivery styles to be effective in the new medium that is virtual training.
Virtual training gives learning professionals unprecedented flexibility, making it possible to reach participants globally and unite physically dispersed teams. This book goes beyond introducing the technology, to offer trainers proven techniques tailored specifically to engage live online audiences.
In Successful Virtual Classroom, you will learn how to:
- Make the most of virtual classroom features such as content and screen sharing, annotation tools, polls, and breakout rooms
- Weave chat responses into the discussion
- Compensate for the absence of body language
- Monitor feedback
- Engage individuals with different learning styles
- Encourage audience contribution
- Meet the unique needs of global participants
Packed with easy-to-use tools, checklists, and worksheets--as well as case studies from Oracle, UPS, and more--the book introduces the PREP model for planning, rehearsing, executing, and then conducting a postmortem following the training event.
Featuring icebreakers and interactive exercises designed for an online environment, Successful Virtual Classroom helps you create programs that truly drive learner engagement.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Darlene Christopher
- About the Contributor(s) DARLENE CHRISTOPHER is a Regional Knowledge Learning Officer at the World Bank. She has been designing and delivering virtual training...DARLENE CHRISTOPHER is a Regional Knowledge Learning Officer at the World Bank. She has been designing and delivering virtual training programs for global audiences for over ten years. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.08 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.77 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 7.3(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $27.97
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.