The Ten Golden Rules of Leadership: Classical Wisdom for Modern Leaders
M. Soupios | Panos Mourdoukoutas
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on all orders through midnight CST 12/1/20
How can the contemplations and teachings of a man who lived in ancient Greece help you in your role leading a tech giant or a restaurant chain? Bec... Read More
How can the contemplations and teachings of a man who lived in ancient Greece help you in your role leading a tech giant or a restaurant chain? Because though skills and experience may have landed you your position, they don’t make you a great leader. Instead, true leaders evolve out of those who learn to look within and question themselves before they try to lead anyone else. In Ten Golden Rules of Leadership, aspiring leaders will explore ideas from the greatest thinkers of all time--including Aristotle, Heraclitus, Sophocles, Hesiod, and others--and learn how each of these classic teachings applies to the challenges of the modern workplace. Teachings discussed and related to the twenty-first-century work environment include: • Know thyself • Do not waste energy on things you cannot change • Nurture community • Always embrace the truth • Let competition reveal talent • And more Whether you have already been entrusted with a leadership position or you aspire to have that responsibility one day, your success in that role begins and ends with you--knowing who you are, what you believe in, and what you are capable of. In this unique book, learn the questions you need to reflect on in order to discover what kind of leader you can be. Read Less
- Contributor(s)M. Soupios , Panos Mourdoukoutas
- About the Contributor(s) M. A. SOUPIOS, PH,D., is professor of political philosophy at Long Island University, where he has taught for more than...M. A. SOUPIOS, PH,D., is professor of political philosophy at Long Island University, where he has taught for more than 30 years. He holds eight graduate degrees including four earned doctorates.
PANOS MOURDOUKOUTASS, PH,D., is professor of economics at Long Island University. A regular contributor to Forbes.com, he has been published in Barron's, The New York Times, The Japan Times, Newsday, and other publications. Together, they are authors of The Ten Golden Rules: Ancient Wisdom from the Greek Philosophers on Living the Good Life. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Hardcover
- Weight (lbs)0.62 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)37.17 lb
- Dimensions 1.0(h) x 1.0(w) x 1.0(d) inches
- Price $11.89
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.