The Trouble with HR: An Insider's Guide to Finding and Keeping the Best Talent
- Regular price
- Sale price
Why is HR so underused when it comes to hiring and retaining employees? The trouble with HR, according to this insightful book, is that CEOs and managers often view their HR departments as impediments to getting results. They fail to understand how HR can radically improve the bottom line by using best practices for hiring and retaining top talent. The Trouble with HR supplies the knowledge and strategies to change that attitude.
Filled with insider tips from an experienced HR professional and many real-life examples, the book explains how to develop a strategically focused, long-term approach to hiring and retention that includes:
- Establishing a consistent talent acquisition process that reflects your organization’s identity
- Interviewing based on a detailed job description
- Fitting the job with the candidate
- Rewarding people both financially and via recognition
- Making employees feel respected and valued
- Developing your best employees to become the organization’s future leaders
Tailored to HR professionals, business executives, managers, and entrepreneurs, The Trouble with HR supplies powerful, proven strategies for getting the best people on board—and keeping them there.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Gary M. Stern , Johnny C. Taylor
- Publish Date12/06/2022
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.41 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $13.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.