Time to Talk: What You Need to Know About Your Child's Speech and Language Development
Michelle MacRoy-Higgins | Carlyn Kolker
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
When should I expect my baby's first word? Is my toddler on his way to talking soon? Is my child speaking as clearly as her peers? All parents end ... Read More
When should I expect my baby’s first word? Is my toddler on his way to talking soon? Is my child speaking as clearly as her peers? All parents end up thinking questions like these during their children’s formative years, but too few act on them, assuming the answers are too unpredictable to be certain. Time to Talk answers these questions for the curious parent. Written by an experienced speech-language pathologist and mom, this practical and proactive guide will help parents: • Understand the building blocks of speech and language • Monitor progress against expected milestones • Enhance their child’s communication skills • Spot signs of potential problems with hearing, speech, or language development • Address common concerns, such as articulation, late talking, stuttering, dyslexia, and more • Foster literacy • Raise bilingual children successfully • And more! Your child’s language acquisition no longer has to be a guessing game for you. From baby’s first babbling to reading readiness, this speech-language booster and troubleshooter provides everything the parent needs so this vital fundamental skill doesn’t have to be left to chance. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Michelle MacRoy-Higgins , Carlyn Kolker
- About the Contributor(s) Michelle Macroy-Higgins, Ph.D., CCC-SLP has worked as a speech-language pathologist for more than 15 years, focusing on the treatment of...Michelle Macroy-Higgins, Ph.D., CCC-SLP has worked as a speech-language pathologist for more than 15 years, focusing on the treatment of infants, toddlers, and young children. An associate professor in the Speech-Language Pathology and Audiology Program at Hunter College, Michelle has a M.S. in Communication Disorders and a Ph.D. in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences. She is the mother of two girls.
Carlyn Kolker is a freelance writer, former reporter for Bloomberg News and Reuters, and the mother of two boys. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.74 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)29.63 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $18.95
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.