Training That Delivers Results: Instructional Design That Aligns with Business Goals
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Too often today, when companies recognize the need for training in a specific topic--business writing, behavior interviewing, customer service, or ... Read More
Too often today, when companies recognize the need for training in a specific topic--business writing, behavior interviewing, customer service, or other--they apply the same standard instruction they utilized the last time they addressed a need for training--which was in a completely different area! But one-size-fits-all approaches rarely work anywhere, especially in the professional world. Training That Delivers Results offers a far better way to educate employees, one that connects learning solutions with strategic business goals. With more than 30 years of experience as a learning and performance improvement professional, author Dick Handshaw proposes that organizations cannot simply tell their trainers what to teach but rather they need to proactively collect data in order to define problems and develop unique training interventions. Handshaw's results-oriented model is systematic, yet flexible, and works for both instructor-led training and e-learning. Readers will learn how to: • Analyze performance gaps • Create targeted performance objectives and connect them with the right measurement tools • Determine the best instructional strategy and the appropriate media • Build consensus with project blueprint meetings • Evaluate the effectiveness of training and use the data to continually improve Training will not be effective and beneficial in sustaining, rewarding ways unless the employee education experience is successfully linked with the overall business goals. Training That Delivers Results supplies the tools, worksheets, and assessments needed to tie the learning experience to enhanced performance outcomes--and deliver sustainable, quantifiable business results. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Dick Handshaw
- About the Contributor(s) DICK HANDSHAW, president of Handshaw, Inc., is a consultant, speaker, and pioneer in the field, with more than 35 years...DICK HANDSHAW, president of Handshaw, Inc., is a consultant, speaker, and pioneer in the field, with more than 35 years of experience as a learning and performance improvement professional. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.01 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.34 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 7.5(w) x 0.5(d) inches
- Price $17.48
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.