Training That Delivers Results: Instructional Design That Aligns with Business Goals
- Regular price
- Sale price
This book offers a far better way to educate employees, one that connects learning solutions with strategic business goals.
When companies recognize the need for training in a specific topic, they often apply the same standard instruction they utilized the last time they addressed a need for training--which was in a completely different area! However, a one-size-fits-all approaches rarely work anywhere, especially in the professional world.
With more than 30 years of experience as a learning and performance improvement professional, author Dick Handshaw proposes that organizations cannot simply tell their trainers what to teach but rather they need to proactively collect data to define problems and develop unique training interventions. Handshaw's results-oriented model is systematic, yet flexible, and works for both instructor-led training and e-learning.
In Training That Delivers Results, you will learn how to:
- Analyze performance gaps
- Create targeted performance objectives and connect them with the right measurement tools
- Determine the best instructional strategy and the appropriate media
- Build consensus with project blueprint meetings
- Evaluate the effectiveness of training and use the data to continually improve
Training will not be effective and beneficial in sustaining, rewarding ways unless the employee education experience is successfully linked with the overall business goals. Training That Delivers Results supplies the tools, worksheets, and assessments needed to tie the learning experience to enhanced performance outcomes--and deliver sustainable, quantifiable business results.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Dick Handshaw
- About the Contributor(s) DICK HANDSHAW, president of Handshaw, Inc., is a consultant, speaker, and pioneer in the field, with more than 35 years...DICK HANDSHAW, president of Handshaw, Inc., is a consultant, speaker, and pioneer in the field, with more than 35 years of experience as a learning and performance improvement professional. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)1.01 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)24.34 lb
- Dimensions 9.25(h) x 7.35(w) x 0.65(d) inches
- Price $24.47
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.