What to Do When You're New: How to Be Comfortable, Confident, and Successful in New Situations
- Regular price
- Sale price
Quantity must be 1 or more
Free shipping on orders of $35+ (Continental US)
Whether you're changing jobs, joining a group, or moving to a new city, putting yourself out there in new situations is no picnic. Being forced to ... Read More
Whether you’re changing jobs, joining a group, or moving to a new city, putting yourself out there in new situations is no picnic. Being forced to introduce yourself . . . Having to ask questions among strangers . . . Learning expectations of those around you--it’s not fun for anyone! But when we let our worries stop us from getting familiar with our surroundings and learning the dos and don’ts of our new environment, we seriously hinder our progress, our joy, and the many exciting opportunities that await us. What to Do When You're New combines the author's research and firsthand experience from having to adjust to a job transfer to Japan with that of leading scientists to explain why we are so uneasy in new situations--and how we can learn to become more confident and successful newcomers. With practice, anyone can learn the necessary skills to learn how to: • Overcome fears • Make great first impressions • Talk to strangers with ease • Get up to speed quickly • Connect with people wherever you go Blending stories and insights with simple techniques and exercises, this invaluable guide for the introvert will get you out of your comfort zone and trying new things in no time. Read Less
- Contributor(s)Keith Rollag
- About the Contributor(s) KEITH ROLLAG, PH.D., is an organizational researcher, management consultant, and Associate Professor of Management and Chair of the Management Division...KEITH ROLLAG, PH.D., is an organizational researcher, management consultant, and Associate Professor of Management and Chair of the Management Division at Babson College. His work and ideas have been featured in The New York Times, Newsday, Investor's Business Daily, MIT Sloan Management Review, Wired News, Harvard Management Update, and other publications. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.85 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)30.64 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.63(d) inches
- Price $8.98
eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.