Without Saying a Word: Master the Science of Body Language and Maximize Your Success
- Regular price
- Sale price
One wrong move can undercut your message. Believe it or not, our bodies speak louder than our words.
Postures, gestures, and expressions convey reams of information—and often not what you’d expect. A smile, for example, is usually considered welcoming. However, crook one corner of your mouth higher and you project superiority, subconsciously chasing other people away.
This book explains how even the subtlest motions have meaning. Distilling decades of research, Without Saying a Word deciphers these unspoken signals:
- facial expressions,
- fleeting micro expressions,
- positive body language,
- negative body language,
- And much more!
Discover which postures and gestures indicate confidence and build rapport—and which reveal disinterest, arrogance, or even aggression. Learn to end off-putting habits, accentuate good ones, and become an authentic and effective communicator.
Exhibiting body language that is open, honest, and self-assured increases your social influence and enhances your skill as a negotiator while the ability to read the emotions and intentions of others is equally indispensable. Whether you’re making a presentation, pitching a project, or closing a deal, the right body language can be your best ally.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Kasia Wezowski , Patryk Wezowski
- About the Contributor(s) Kasia Wezowski and Patryk Wezowski are founders of the Center for Body Language, the world's #1 body language training company for business people,...
Kasia Wezowski and Patryk Wezowski are founders of the Center for Body Language, the world's #1 body language training company for business people, with licensed representatives in over twenty countries. They have been featured on ABC, BBC, CBS, Fox News; they publish articles in Harvard Business Review and Forbes; spoke at TEDx and Harvard University, and their educational videos on micro expressions and body language on Youtube have more than 3 million views.
- Publish Date07/24/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.61 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)21.83 lb
- Dimensions 9.1(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.71(d) inches
- Price $16.09
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.