Your Own Terms: A Woman's Guide to Taking Charge of Any Negotiation
- Regular price
- Sale price
This helpful guide for women in the workplace will show you how to take charge of any negotiation.
No wonder most women hate negotiating. If we make concessions to further a deal, we're viewed as weak. If we play hardball, we can be seen as overly aggressive--and the strategy backfires. The double standard will get us every time. Thankfully, negotiation expert Yasmin Davidds has learned how best to strike a balance, merging a woman’s natural strengths--collaboration, relationship building, listening--with a firm grasp of established tactics.
Utilizing guidelines, stories, and exercises that shed light on the psychology of negotiation, Your Own Terms reveals how women can:
- Control how they are perceived
- Eliminate self-sabotaging beliefs and behaviors
- Discover their personal negotiation style
- Build leverage
- Understand an opponent’s approach and adjust theirs in response
Don’t let the world’s double standards for women in business hold you back from negotiating for what you know is right. With this eye-opening and empowering resource by your side, learn to win on your own terms--and open doors you never knew had been shut.Read Less
- Contributor(s)Yasmin Davidds , Ann Bidou
- About the Contributor(s) YASMIN DAVIDDS, PSY.D., is founder and CEO of the Women's Institute of Negotiation (WIN) and the Latina Global Executive Leadership...YASMIN DAVIDDS, PSY.D., is founder and CEO of the Women's Institute of Negotiation (WIN) and the Latina Global Executive Leadership Program. She has trained thousands of corporate leaders across the globe. ANN BIDOU is a writer and the coauthor of Career Match and Personality Power.
Shoya Zichy (New York, NY) is a career coach with a Master’s in Education and Counseling, and is past president of the Myers-Briggs Association of New York. Her proprietary personality model has been featured in Fortune, Barron’s, and on CNN. show more
- Publish Date03/06/2018
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.97 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)35.08 lb
- Dimensions 9.0(h) x 6.0(w) x 0.75(d) inches
- Price $8.50
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
Ecourses purchased at Leadership Essentials are accessed through our online learning portal (or visit https://courses.hcleadershipessentials.com)
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email firstname.lastname@example.org after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.