You've Gotta Have Heart: Achieving Purpose Beyond Profit in the Social Sector
- Regular price
- Sale price
There are more than 1.6 million nonprofits in the United States alone—some are good, some are great, and some are just ineffective. With all this competition, how can you ensure that your organization thrives and still fulfills its purpose?
In You’ve Gotta Have Heart, Cass Wheeler shows you how to make sure your hard work really pays off. Using examples of some of the most lauded organizations, including the American Heart Association, the American Cancer Society, and the Girl Scouts of America, and many others.
This book offers insider advice on branding, tag lines, paid advertising, fund-raising, social networking, advocating, leadership vs. management, creating winning teams, and talent recruitment, development, and retention. You’ve Gotta Have Heart takes you beyond theory and good intentions to help you achieve real, lasting results. You will discover how to:
- Establish a mission that motivates staff, volunteers, and donors to achieve goals beyond expectations
- Hire and manage volunteer and paid staff
- Decide what to focus on and what you need to stop doing
- Set (and achieve) breakthrough goals
- Learn from the marketing techniques of the for-profit world to increase exposure for your cause
- Implement advocacy and lobbying campaigns to influence public opinion, get your message out, and drive legislators to support your cause
- Effectively compete for charitable donations in an increasingly competitive environment
- Partner effectively with other organizations to achieve mission-related activities
Filled with honest, practical, and thoughtful lessons from the author’s own experience, this book will help nonprofits of every size do great and be great.Read Less
- Publish Date12/06/2022
- Format Softcover
- Weight (lbs)0.65 lb
- Case Weight (lbs)23.41 lb
- Price $19.99
eBook Details: eBooks purchased here are fulfilled by our partner, Glose. Please note that:
- For all eBook purchases, you will be prompted to create an account or login with your existing Leadership Essentials username and password. This ensures accurate delivery of your items.
- To access your eBook(s) after purchasing, you can download the free Glose app or read instantly on your browser by logging into Glose.com. To log in, select OTHER SIGN IN/LOGIN OPTIONS and then click SIGN IN/LOG IN WITH HARPERCOLLINS, using the same email address and password used for your Leadership Essentials account.
- E-Books fulfilled through Glose cannot be printed, downloaded as PDF, or read in other digital readers (like Kindle or Nook).
- For more information about how to access eBooks purchased on Leadership Essentials, click here for our FAQs.
- At checkout, you will be prompted to create an account (or login to your existing Leadership Essentials account). You will use the same username and password to log in to the eCourse portal and access your courses.
- After purchase, you will receive a confirmation email from us with a link to the portal and your eCourse(s).
- Please note: If you are purchasing eCourses in bulk for your team or organization, please email email@example.com after your purchase with your order number and the name of your organization. We will be in touch with you to set up your team on the platform.
- If you have questions about eCourses, feel free to reach out to us via Live Chat at the bottom right corner of your screen, by submitting a ticket to our customer service team, or by calling us at 1-800-250-5308. For more information check out our FAQs here.